Thursday, July 3, 2008

My First Letter!

Here we go ladies and gentlemen - my first advice letter:

Dear Alderman's Intern,

First, let me say I think you're so cool, the way you have all these experiences and are involved in politics and all. I wish I had the time, but between school and hanging out and playing video games, well, you know how it is. I need the advice of a worldly woman like you! I really like this girl, but she's an exchange student, and I know she'll soon be going back to her home country (I don't want to say what it is, because then the other kids might know who I was talking about and that it was me writing and all), and I really want to be her boyfriend, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. I think she likes me because one of her friends told one of my friends that she does. I'm really confused. Can you tell me what I should do? I don't want to get all involved and then she just leaves, you know?

Anxious in Evanston



Dear Anxious in Evanston,

Thank you for your compliments. I gave up video games for politics last year and I will be forever grateful for that decision. You might want to think about that.

As for the foreign girl, I think if one of her friends told you she likes you than you can count on that as a solid source. I would take that as a positive that you should move forward and ask her to be your girlfriend. You would really want to do this before she goes back to her other country because there might be boys there that like her too. And you want to be sure that you lock her in a relationship with you before she goes home and gets to listen to all of those sexy accents. I just love a boy with an accent. I wish Rodney had an accent but he really doesn't. Sometimes he tells me he's talking "ghetto" but it really doesn't change the sound of his voice. And Joe has only Chicago accent and I don't really find his voice sexy at all. I mean, I let him kiss me to just shut him up.

But back to you. I can see where you are worried that you might get your heart broken but I think if you make her commit to you before she leaves then everything should be fine. Either you can move there when you are done with high school or she could move her when she is done. Either way I believe true love conquers all. I say go for it!

Sincerely,
Mary Jo

No comments: