Wednesday, March 7, 2007

How Joe's Going to Save the World!


Here's my brilliant plan for Joe. He's going to need some new material for the run-off - both in print and in person. I'm going to suggest that He find the $1 billion that NASA needs to kill all of the attacking asteroids. My God! Could He ask for a better fight? Joe can save the entire world. Not just Rogers Park. Not just Chicago. Not even just the United States...but The World. I know if He can fight against the Foie Gras, then He find the billion dollars. He'll be everyone's Hero.

I had this great idea when I read the article called NASA can't pay for killer asteroid hunt. I've included a snip below with a link to the entire story. Here's what I think. NASA really stepped in for Joe when He needed the Diapers. Now it's Joe's turn. He can help NASA and help save the world.

Joe's very good at finding money. Look at what He can raise for a simple little Aldermanic campaign. And He's good friends with Simon "Pete" Worden. I mean, how did you think He got those Diapers? Two of them. I just know He's going to love my idea! I can't wait to go in to the office tomorrow and share this with Him. And maybe Alex will listen too!

I bet I get a raise out of Joe with this plan!



"WASHINGTON - NASA officials say the space agency is capable of finding nearly all the asteroids that might pose a devastating hit to Earth, but there isn't enough money to pay for the task so it won't get done.

The cost to find at least 90 percent of the 20,000 potentially hazardous asteroids and comets by 2020 would be about $1 billion, according to a report NASA will release later this week. The report was previewed Monday at a Planetary Defense Conference in Washington.

Congress in 2005 asked NASA to come up with a plan to track most killer asteroids and propose how to deflect the potentially catastrophic ones.

"We know what to do, we just don't have the money," said Simon "Pete" Worden, director of NASA's Ames Research Center."


For complete story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070306/ap_on_sc/killer_asteroids