Thursday, January 11, 2007

Day Two!

It's only been a half day for me at the alderman's office, but I've learned so much in those few short hours.

For one, I didn't realize just how much our alderman loves these developers. Criminy! After going through those blueprints and the financial contributions, I was really amazed. But then Joe starting about his good friend Jay Johnson, who, according to Joe, is a terrific landlord. I thought he had really nice eyes.

I was reading the latest copy of the Onion. Such a respected newspaper! They just did a retrospective on George W. Bush and though he's a Republican (puke!), I thought the retrospective was very interesting. Perhaps someone could shed the same insight on the last 16 years of Joe's tenure. Too bad the Onion is a national paper and not local. They just might find Joe's history as interesting.

I just wish everyone would stop talking about the darn Foie Gras issue. I mean, we have ducks that land in our lake right here in Rogers Park. Doesn't anyone care about them they way Joe does? I plan on talking with Him tomorrow about this issue. I'd really like to see how we can help the ducks in Rogers Park.