Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Dreaming of Sunnier Days

Today I'm just sitting in the alderman's office answering phones. The blogs are boring today. But the phones are ringing!

You can imagine how many phone calls Joe might get on any given day, but He's really being bombarded by people who want to know what He's going to do about the issues in the ward. Like He hasn't already been working 16 years on these same issues! People are very rude about the issues. They all seem to think the problems we have are Joe's fault. But one man can't create all of the problems that 60,000 people experience. Can He?

If Joe gets re-elected, He's promised me a nice position in His office. He won't say what the position is, but giggles and says that I will like it best if I'm prepared for a 'back entrance'. I don't know what he means! We only have a front door. Sometimes men are so strange.

Phone is ringing. Off to dreams of sunnier days.