Friday, February 2, 2007

Debate Time Again!

Yawn! I'm skipping school today. I am just exhausted from last night's debate. Joe was wonderful as usual and I'm very proud of how He goes over and over and over again about the things He did 14 years ago. He explained to me yesterday that He has to go back that far because the rest of the time He's just been trying to make a name for Himself so that He can go on to more important political positions. It's really important to Him that He wins this year so that He can collect His pension for ever and ever. Most voters do not realize this.

Okay, the debate! First of all, the moderater was a very nice man from Evanston. He did say that we would not have time for all of the issues, so I took that to mean that we do not have time for democracy. But that's okay because Joe would agree with that statement. It's not like Joe likes to educate the voters because most of them are really stupid. He says so.

Some highlights:

Gordon stated that developers should build "garden" apartments for the poor. I think this translates into the poor should live underground - where they can't be seen. He also keeps saying that we can "do better" but then never explains what better means. He does say that he will become our 'beat alderman.' I wonder if he means like Kerouac was a beat writer? But that's not very Republican so he can't mean that. He also talked about the Mayor as his boss and that sometimes you don't agree with your boss. So, you have to be sure and work behind his back to get things done the way you want them to be done.

Ginderke seems very focused on the poor. Like the rich don't have problems? He also made a lot of people clap when he mentioned Todd Stroger. What was that about? I need to talk with Joe about what this means. Ginderske also wants to build a Boys and Girls club in the neighborhood. I wish there was one now. I could probably meet more cute boys like Rodney.

Adams still seems too girlie to me. He doesn't like the invasion of privacy from the blue lights in our neighborhood. Does that mean he's doing something dishonest that he doesn't want people to see. Joe worked hard to get those lights in place and chase the bad guys away from those very specific corners. Adams also talked about an utopia arts world in our neighborhood. I would like to see that utopia.

All in all, I had a very nice night. Rodney came took me out after the debate for a rootbeer float. We had to go to Lincoln Park to find a place that is that wholesome, but it was still fun. I think he may try to kiss me on the next date!!!