Thursday, February 15, 2007

My Last Debate Evaluation

I must say that I am glad that the debate season is over. Yesterday's forums were similar to what we have been experiencing. I did like the intimacy of the first debate. I liked the breakfast food and enjoyed watching Joe eat. It's important to feel nourished when you have to speak in public.

I didn't like being up that early and I may have napped off while everyone was speaking. Here are a few things from my notes:

1. Joe says that Loyola is a 600 pound canary in our neighborhood. I do not understand this at all. I don't think a canary can grow to 600 pounds! Then there's something here that He says Loyola should be more inclusive with the community. I thought He was working on this already!

2. He said David Orr is not a shrinking violet. I think Joe should have had more coffee. Orr has to oversee elections, real estate and tax services. So Joe should not be calling him names. He should be his friend.

3. He swore. He said "Holy H E L L " about 3 times. He was very passionate at this point and I just loved to watch his jowels jiggle. It makes Him a man in my eyes.

4. He also wants to challenge the nation to embrace fear and to work together to have an enclave nation.

5. He needs a bigger chair in His position. (I think this may have to do with weight gain)

6. And He also said we are not an island unto ourselves.


I give Joe a C+ for effort and arriving on time for both debates.

But a C- on his use of allegory, metaphor, and simile.