Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The Snow is Pretty. Like our Election.

I'm just sitting in Joe's office watching the snow drift down.It's so cold, white and dreamy. And that's how I'm feeling about the election. It seems that we have our fill of cold white men who are dreaming about their political futures by using us. I've been thinking alot about Joe and the other candidates.

The one I hate the most is Don Gordon. Aside from the fact that he appears to be a walking corpse that doesn't realize it has died, he just seems to have the Napolean/Hitler complex. He's clearly shorter than Joe and not nearly as good looking. It seems to me that Gordon believes a bit of puffery will win the voters. Puffery cannot replace true leadership. Joe's girth gives Him the sense of power a political man needs and Gordon just doesn't have it. And I swear, if Gordon becomes strident towards Joe again, I will stand up and tell him to be quiet. Obviously he doesn't have anything to say about the issues or he'd stop attacking Joe.

There's another debate tomorrow night and I plan on being there. This time Joe will get to shine with the women voters in the ward. I am going to look around the office today and see if I can find anything that Joe has done for women in the last 16 years. I'm sure that He's filed something away. But even if He hasn't, He's told me that He knows how to manipulate the crowd by bringing up topics that have no relevance. Joe says that most voters are complete morons and the whole reason He's been able to stay in office for so long is that people just don't care to vote. He usually makes sure to have Rodney and his friends drive the old people to the poles. This way he's sure to win with the elderly as his tool. They're so old they don't know what's going. Like my grandma, she's lost her marbles.

Joe is a delightful and innovative man. On Sunday, to win over the alcoholic population (one that usually supports Gordon), he bought everyone drinks to get them drunk and get them to vote for Him. It reminds me of Rodney's friends when they talk about the 'females' and how a little liquor makes them easy. This is why I'll never drink alcohol. Some of Rodney's friends scare me a little. But I'm not easy and never will be. But I do wish Rodney would kiss me. I have never been kissed before.